.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RURAL FILES

Travelblog: Once in a lifetime voyage to the heart of India.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Closing files.

I contemplated the idea of a blog for days. I feared it might just be added stress to my summer. In the end I decided to keep a blog because I knew this would be an experience I would only be able to share in the moment. I'm glad i did. I actually enjoyed writing and maintaining the site. On my bus ride from Gadchiroli to Nagpur, I thought of a million things I wanted to write about. Five days have passed since that thought, and I haven’t had the time or the desire to write. Writing and books are not as appealing as music videos at the moment.

I wanted to share my experience of rural India. The task is accomplished, so it's time to close the files. It’s back to a life of braoadband Internet, cell phones, and to-do lists. I have to go finish my errands. I need to cross of everything on my list before boarding a train to Delhi tonight. It’s a long list.

I’ll be traveling with school friends until August 23rd when I board a plane to San Francisco. I look forward to spending time with some of you later this month and hearing about the details of your summer.

Kudos to those of you still reading. Hope I made it worthwhile. I'm out.

Random: The current hit songs in India are “Let’s chill” starting fruity Salman Khan and “Love over SMS”. J I have been a TV junkie since I arrived in Ahmedabad.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Margee said...

Gargs- I remember the anxiety you felt as you were leaving SF. After reading all your stories, this experience is priceless. I'm sure you will have many little stories to tell us. I loved how you added highs and lows. That was the 1st question I was gonna ask you!!!!I miss you and don't know when I'll see you but I will talk to you soon!
Margs

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home